Backing up data with out propriatary format?

Raph

I have a removeable drive that I need to hold about 9 different folders, and I need them to be sync'd - I thought I would be able to do this with Retrospect, but for some reason when I goto backup all that comes up on my backup device are these propriatary files frown.gif.

I need to be able to connect my removeable disk to many machines, and be able to navigate through my backed up files without having to install retrospect.. is this possible?

I have tried doing the duplicate option, but with it I can only do one location :|

Is there a way to make this program satisfy me needs? thanks in advanced for any help smile.gif

• 1 month later...

The description of what you are trying to accomplish sounds like something the briefcase feature built into windows would be better suited for than Retrospect. The briefcase will basically mirror the current state of files on the home machine and allow you to update other machines to the same state and also to allow the other machines to update the briefcase and then use that to synch the home machine. I know it is available in Windows XP and Windows 2000, may also be in earlier versions. I have it set up for several of my clients with laptops and desktops and the need to easily keep things synchronized. Usually get the client to clean up their files and make sure that everything they care about is in the “My Documents” folder and then just synch that folder with the briefcase. One client we even got tricky and put his Quicken database in the briefcase and now even Quicken is synchronized when he updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived