Does Retrospect Backup Empty Folders?

i went to restore > chose the backup set and selected the directory to restore from on of the snapshots. upon restoration. i noticed that only folders with items in them were restored. the source computer was a windows 2K system. the backup system is a mac running 5.1.

thanks!

jaime

In re-reading your post I'm seeing a contradiction. The first post said the source was a SnapServer, but the third post said the source was a Windows 2K volume. Can you list your exact configuration - including Retrospect Client version - and how the volume is being accessed?

sorry for the confusion. i was restoring a snap shot of snap server volume. The volume was mounted directly onto the system running the latest Retrsopect version 5.1 under os 9. The volume is being accessed via smb.

which if you can help solve this riddle, i also posted on as two why the snap volumes backup realllllll sloowwww. all the win and mac desktops backup in very quickly. the drive is an lto 2 with an atto ul3d card. all drivers and firware are updated.

Archived