Help with 5 day backup with 2 Maxtor drives

Sunny

I am new at using Retrospect and I need help in setting up the 5 day Script to backup on one of two Maxtor - USB external drives rotated daily.

Both Maxtor 120 are NTFS formated with identical volume names.

I created the 5 day script using the EasyScript with one Maxtor120 drive and also ran the 1st backup set during the setup. That worked fine. The script was scheduled to run at 10:00pm. Since, I already had a backup performed during the setup, I swapped the Maxtor drive and waited for the backup at 10:00 pm. Guess what, the backup did not work, the problem seems to be the destination of the backup set and or the .

Can anyone tell me how I can correct this problem. Also, I want to make multiple backup sets of each of the 5 days sets on both the Maxtor120 (swaping them daily, Backup size is only 5Gb compressed).

I greatly appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you,

Sunny

Hi

Rather than using 5 sets (things will get confusing) try setting your backup to run with one set on each drive.

for example create a mon/wed/fri set on one drive and a tues/thrus set on the other. Retrospect will not run the backup unless the right backup set is available. That is a good reason to keep the set rotation as simple as possible.

5 day is doable also but you would want a total of 5 sets between the two drives. A seperate set for each day Mon, wed, fri on the first drive, Thurs and Tues on the other.

Nate

Archived