Disaster Recovery Error 1012 (feature unsupported)

gallego328

I have Retrospect 6.5 on a desktop computer with Windows XP Professional.

I have failed three times to create a bootable Disaster Recovery CD image on a desktop. Each time I was told that I could not continue and received error messages that to the effect that: "cant't read, error-1012 (feature unsupported . . . . Trouble writing files . . . . execution error(s)."

A problem file appears to be WFC.ZI_, which is mentioned in the error messages, and which appears to be a Windows file. I cannot even find this file on my laptop computer.

I rebooted after installing Retrospect on my desktop.

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards

My primary hard drive (on which the OS is installed) is 120 gigs with about 95 gigs free. I have a secondary hard drive in the desktop that is used for data purposes only and has no OS installed. (No i386 files or folders can be found on the secondary hard drive.)

The last time I tried to implement the Disaster Recovery process, I had the external hard drive (partitioned) connected via USB. (I backup to one of these partitions.)

I will disconnect this external drive and try the Disaster Recovery process again. If the results are different, I will so inform this forum.

I am confused about your comments regarding i386. There are i386 folders/files on my primary hard drive. However, when in the Disaster Recovery process and when asked to insert the Windows XP CD, I do so. I would think that Retrospect looks for the version of the i386 folder/file on that CD.

Perhaps I misunderstood the i386 point you were trying to make.

Thanks for response. Any additional clarification would be most welcome.

Regards,

Greg Fuentes

Folks:

After disconnecting the external hard drive and closing all non-essential programs I could, I once again tried to implement the Disaster Recovery process. Once again, I received the same 1012 error message and the same Windows file (WFC.ZI_) mentioned above appears to be the problem file.

Regards,

Greg Fuentes

OK, I finally understood your point of having a choice between using the install CD or using the Windows folder on the hard drive created as part of the Windows installation.

Instead of using the install CD during the Disaster Recovery proccess as I had done previously, I opted to browse the hard drive for the required file. This time the process continued to completion.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Greg Fuentes

Archived