Mixed Clients (OS 9 & X)

mikenfer

Recently upgraded to Retrospect 5 Workgroup (5.0.203) and have yet to successfully back up OS9 clients - OSX clients back up fine except for MS Documents folder. OS 9 clients show up fine in Configure > Clients, can set them up in my script but at execution I always get "Can't access volume name on name, general error." Never had this trouble before v.5, Retrospect Clients are TCP/IP version 5.0.198 and backup machine (G3/300) has plenty of RAM. I haven't had any luck finding info on this so I'm hoping someone else can help.

Thanks,

Mike

mike@oneone.ca

Oops, forgot to add that G3/300 is running on OS 9.2.2.

Recently upgraded to Retrospect 5 Workgroup (5.0.203) and have yet to successfully back up OS9 clients - OSX clients back up fine except for MS Documents folder. OS 9 clients show up fine in Configure > Clients, can set them up in my script but at execution I always get "Can't access volume name on name, general error." Never had this trouble before v.5, Retrospect Clients are TCP/IP version 5.0.198 and backup machine (G3/300) has plenty of RAM. I haven't had any luck finding info on this so I'm hoping someone else can help.

Thanks,

Mike

mike@oneone.ca

Go to Configure > Volumes and expand if necessary so you can see the volumes on the OS 9 clients. Are there any ghosted volumes showing up there? If so, you'll need to "forget" them, redefine them and add them to the script.

If this doesn't work, try forgetting the client (highlight it in the Configure > Clients window and hit the delete key on your keyboard) and then log the client in again. Same error?

If this still doens't allow you to connect to the client, try uninstalling and reinstalling the client software.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived