does express do it all?

Hello all here!

I have a question or two I hope can be answered.

First, does Retrospect Express Backup for Windows give me everything I need to completely save all my data, settings, all window configurations, and all other configurations. I may have to replace my current drive and would like to make this as painless as possible. My operating system is Windows ME. I plan to back it up to CD R/W's and Retrospect is one of few that seem to allow me to write directly to my

current NEC NR-7700A drive.

Second, I could not seem to get the download to work to try the product for 30 days before i puchase the license code. any ideas how to do this? (Never mind the download question

I got it to work first time today!!!)

thank you

kerry

Yes, Retrospect 5.6 can back up all files and the complete Windows Registry and will allow for a complete system Restore. If you are replacing the internal hard disk, make sure the new one has the same number of partitions and the same drive letters as the original disk. The restored registry will sometimes have trouble when it detects that original hardware can not be found.

The Retrospect Disaster Recovery CD should make a system restore as simple as possible.

Archived