Help with Mac and XP backup

We have a Mac with OS X 10.2.8 running Retrospect Backup 5.1.167. We have a XP machine running Retrospect Client 6.5.132. The server stops while backing up a folder on the XP machine with 2579 files in it. Is there a limit on the number of files that Retrospect can backup in an XP machine?

I took a picture of ending dialog last time it died.

Retrospect was in process of comparing, it had completed 1566 and had 1663 files remaining to compare. The system ball was still rotating but no work was being done.

It has died in the same general directory each time, and this directory has 2000+ files in it.

Here are some of the log entries on days it faild

1/15/2004 11:42:59 PM: Comparing JackXX (C:) on JACKXX…

File “retroclient.log”: different data size (set: 2,097,183, vol: 2,097,187), path: “C:Documents and Settings:All Users:Application Data:Retrospect Client:retroclient.log”.

File “index.dat”: miscompare at data offset 0, path: “C:Documents and Settings:Owner:Local Settings:Temporary Internet Files:Content.IE5:index.dat”.

1/21/2004 11:40:40 PM: Comparing JackXX (C:) on JACKXx…

File “retroclient.log”: miscompare at data offset 159,232, path: “C:Documents and Settings:All Users:Application Data:Retrospect Client:retroclient.log”.

File “index.dat”: miscompare at data offset 0, path: “C:Documents and Settings:Owner:Local Settings:Temporary Internet Files:Content.IE5:index.dat”.

This may not contain what casuses the failure because I have to force quit Retrospect to get out.

Hi

These files errors show that index.dat was in use and changed during the backup. I doubt they are a part of the problem you are seeing.

Does the error consistently happen on compare? Does the machine ever hang when copying files? If the backup happens at a set time every day it may be being interupted by an auto-update or virus scan or something. Any chance the XP machine is going into sleep mode?

Thanks

Nate

Archived