Retrospect 6.5 running SLOW

hiqual

I am running a Win98SE machine with a Sony DRU-500AX drive. Run a backup and it seems to progress fine for the first DVD, but after the second DVD is loaded, everything slows down. The comparison takes forever and even after all of that, the backup does not complete! I though 6.5 was going to be better than 5.0. doh.gif

Hi

How much memory is on this machine? What other programs are running in the background? Can you disable any CD/DVD burning programs while the backup is taking place?

You say the backup doesn't complete. Can you give some more details on how it fails?

Thanks

nate

Hi Nate,

I have 256mb memory, run Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 - disabled prior to the start of burn. Upon completion of the backup, nothing happens. The screen shows 100% backed up, but does nothing else and no keystrokes, mouse clicks work.

Dean

Hi

Make sure your hard disk controller drivers are as current as possible. I would run MSCONFIG from the command line and turn off any unnecessary items that run at start up. As a test you might want to try turning off the majority of those items.

Nate

Archived