Decompression Failed Due to Corrupt Input Data??

I got these errors during a backup on every one of my clients:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Decompression failed due to corrupt input data"

"Bad backup set header found"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

mds

Sorry, for the limited info. I am backing up to two firewire external hard drives(Mactell Firepower FireDrive), using Retrospect Workgroup version 5.0.203, and a Mac G4 with Mac OS X version 10.1.3. I also upgraded to the latest firmware and firewire.

Oh, and one more problem I am constantly having. In the middle of a backup, one of my firewire hard drives (usually the one I'm not backing up to at the moment) becomes dismounted (disappears from the desktop) and I get this OS X alert:

-----------------------------------------------

The storage device that you just removed was not properly put away before being removed from this computer. Data on writable volumes on the device may have been damaged or lost. In the future, please put away the device (Choose its icon and Eject it or Drag it to the trash) befor removing the device.

-----------------------------------------------

Previously, with version 4.3 on a 7300, everything worked fine. Ever since I upgraded to 5.0 and OS X, it has been a nightmare.

mds

>> Ever since I upgraded to 5.0 and OS X, it has been a nightmare

When you say that you are backing up to external FW drives, are you using File Type Backup Sets?

I'd suggest trying to backup to a File that you store on the internal IDE drive, to get the FW drives out of the equation (disconnect 'em). If Retrospect works OK, then I'd suggest that these drives might not live happily with OS X/Retrospect. Are they modern drives with the Oxford 911 bridge?

Did your previous backup machine have a FireWire card for these same drives? Or have you changed not only operating systems, but backup media and Retrospect version too.

Dave

Archived