Upgrade to 6.5 pro client from 6.5 pro full trial version, 5.6 expr to 6.5 client

7tronics

After running trial of 6.5 pro on a Win98SE machine, I am now installing full license 6.5 Pro to a Win2K machine that will be the 6.5 pro server. Now want to put the 6.5 pro client on the Win98SE PC that was running the trial code.

Pardon my naivete, doing this as a test before installing on church system that may soon include a Mac, so wanted to go with Retrospect to have same core backup process for the lone Mac and a few PCs.

I thought I read a post about problems with taking trial version to client, but cannot find it on search for about 20min.

I assume that I need to:

• - uninstall 6.5 pro trial version from Win98SE PC

- reboot Win98SE PC

- install 6.5 client onto Win98SE PC

- install 6.5 pro version on Win2K PC server

Any other issues here that I am missing b4 I mess this up ?

The church PCs have two copies of Express (5.6) that came with TR5 tape drives. Any issues with putting an upgrade version of 6.5 pro on one of those PCs and the 6.5 pro client on the other ?

Cheers de Mark @ 7tronics

Hi,

The Retrospect Client and Retrospect can co-exist on the same machine no problem. Nothing to worry about there.

If it were me I would uninstall Retrospect 5.6 before installing the upgrade to 6.5. Unless of course you want to use your scripts from before.

Thanks

nate

Archived