EEK! Canno restore my music licenses. What can I do?

raymartin

I backed up a WIN XP client using RPro 6.5. The backup was to a USB Travan drive. Today I had to reformat and restore (My first full system restore). The restore went fine. It was fast. (57MB/Min vs 35 MB/Min for the backup), and most everything seems great - except that I had licensed download music from Buymusic.com. None of the licenses appear to have been restored! I lost a few bucks - .99 per song. I have a second machine with a lot more licensed music, and I'm concerned - how can I ensure that the licenses are backed up and restoreable?

Thanks. I downloaded the patch, but have not applied it yet. How will this work in the future? It looks like I should keep a copy of the latest driver on diskette. Then if I lose my system I restore the operating system, then re-install Retrospect, then apply the driver - and then restore from tape.

Does that sound right?

(PS: These steps are not in the manual are they?)

Hi

That is a good plan. The fix that is included in the RDU addresses an issue that was unforseen when the manual was being created. As such it is not included in the documentation.

As a general rule it is best to run Retrospect with the latest RDU for backup and restore.

Thanks

Nate

Archived