Can't start express, initialize error

Bill Carey

Hello!

I had the full version of Retrospect 5.6 some time ago. After my machine crashed I did a repair and started getting this message when trying to start the program:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on okay to terminate the application.

I uninstalled it and basically forgot about it. Then I got a Maxtor one touch drive and it came with Express 6.0. After installing it I get the same error when trying to run it. Any ideas why this is happening?

Windows XP Professional

Athlon 1.2 TB, 1.5 gig RAM, 80gig hard drive.

Hi

This is a new one...

Uninstall the Maxtor version of Retrospect and remove the following files from your system:

documents and settings\all users\application data (hidden)\retrospect - trash that folder.

and get rid of

c:program files\ dantz\retrospect\config55.dat and config55.bak

Then try the install again

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Thaks for the reply!

Took me a while to get back here, went out of town and forgot the password. Anyway...

That was one of the first things I did, deleted the dantz directorys and cleaned out the registry of anything dantz or retrospect related. Might still be something there, but not for lack of trying. I'll also do a search for those config files, maybe something will turn up.

Archived