disc incompatibility with OSX10.2.8

I having difficulty trying to use Retrospect 5.1 with my OSX10.2.8. I have gone to both Apple and Dantz sites and downloaded updates to 5.1 and 5.11 with no improvement. The message is "incompatible" when I insert a DVD disc (I've tried several), and when I click on device status I get the following: "ATAPI-A; vendor HL-DT-ST; product DVD-RW GCA-4020B; driver RDi(TAO) (5.11)". I initially tried to use a generic brand DVD-RW, but since have been trying Apple DVD-Rs. Please, is there ANYTHING I can do to get it to accept my discs? [color:black] [/color] :headslap

Hi

The minimum firmware version required for this drive is DO2F. What version do you have listed under the version heading in the device status window? It looks like you ran a custom configuration for this drive (rdi driver) even though it is natively supported in Retrospect. Try removing the rdi file from the Retrospect preferences folder (library/preferences/retrospect) and see if that helps. Does DVD RW or CD media work?

Thanks

Nate

My device version is DO2D and I thought the updates I ran were supposed to fix that somehow but obviously didn't. I removed the rdi file from the Library prefs as you suggested but that didn't help. I noticed in passing that there are four other files in that Library pref Retrospect file that I must have put there (because of the dates) named "LaunchRetrohlpr", "RetroConfig.tmp", "Retrodata.tmp" and "retrorunfile". Could they be causing any trouble? I also checked my computer (IMac OSX10.2.8) and the system profiler applications file has 8 copies of something called "Retrospect Event Handler". Is that reasonable? I have not tried any CD's and the one DVD-RW that I tried was not a certified "Apple" and wasn't accepted either. Any further suggestions?

Archived