Assertion failure at "module.cpp-1060"

kotsonis

This assertion has happened twice now, and the first time (about 3-4 months ago) I had to uninstall and reinstall Restrospect. This time however, even on a fresh re-install, I cannot get around it. Both times it was initiated by my installation of a new rdu.rpx device definition file (downloaded directly from the Dantz web site). Of course I have tried reverting back to the old rdu.rpx file but the damage was already done.

Searching for help on this error has proven fruitless, does anyone have any idea what to try? (I have kept the assert_log.utx file in case someone would like to look at it.)

Thanks for any pointers and help,

Spyro

Hi,

You may need to try this with clean preference files in Retrospect. You can do this by renaming the C:\documents and settings\all users\application data(hidden)\Retrospect folder to something else. Once you are back up and running you can restore your previous Retrospect configuration files and move them back into the above folder.

Why the RDU is causing this is strange indeed...

Nate

I had already tried that. What finally solved it again was a Complete install of Retrospect 6.5 on my system (I was just installing the main program, without support for Backup Scripts and Open File backup). I am not going to try to update my RDU for the time being though, that's for sure.

Spyro

Archived