Retrospect 6.5 Weirdness

keetowah

I have recently upgraded my Retrospect from 6.0 to 6.5 and also added the Proactive component. We created a proactive script to backup various volumes on our small network (30 clients) and it has been working flawlessly! However, today I had to shut down Retrospect to upgrade some Norton virus programs...(this is my utility server runs backup, and Norton Antivirus corporate server edition). Anyway, right before I leave for the day I decide to restart Retrospect and my Proactive script. As it fires up I all of a sudden get a popup box that says: You are upgrading please enter serial number (something to that effect). I was very confused.....I know that I did not install any Retrospect software today! So anyway I went ahead and found the code and entered it. When it came up all my scripts, clients and volumes were gone!!! Like I had just installed the program! I am so frustrated with this, adding all the volumes and clients takes quit a bit of time that I dont have! Anyway, does anyone know of any reason this would happen?? P.S. the logs from previous backup logs are still present from the script that disappeard, and the catalogs are still there...so I know I'm not dreaming that they existed for several days then disappeared... weirdness.... fyi: win2k, single server version, unlimited clients, proactive add-on, travan drive, version 6.5 mploch@cardinalservice.com cryrub.gifconfused.gifdoh.gif

Hi

The 2 Retrospect configuration files with all of your settings are c:\documents and settings\all users\application data(hidden)\config65.dat and config65.bak. It is pretty unusual for them to self destruct so I imagine something else is going on. You can restore those 2 files from a backup or search the disk to see if an update moved them for some reason.

Nate

Archived