catelog out of sync

Dumb Newbie Question...

I just purchased Retrospect Desktop ver 5.6 , which was demo'd at a user's group meeting.

I have been trying unsucessfully to get a complete backup of my system. I have 4 drive partitions. Every time I finish one drive and start the second I get a catelog out of sync message and then the backup fails. I have followed (I think) the directions on Updating Existing from Directory but no change. I have set up other drive combinations, still problems. I also set up a new catelog, nothing...

I am using a Seagate Travan 4GB (8 compressed) but I am having problems with crossing small 2GB drives and the tape is not full.

Thoughts???

That would be why your getting catalog out of sync.

You need to upgrade to 5.6.132. You can download the trial version and then put your code into the trial version to make it a full version. Or you can move over your config55.dat and .bak (found in your Retrospect folder) files into the newly installed trial version so that you don't lose any of your current settings/scripts that you have. (this will make it a full version as well)

5.6.132 fixes this issue with Travan drives and XP.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived