Retrospect client and smtp mail server

dwisby

I installed the client on a Windows 2000 server running Lotus Notes Mail server.

The proxy server that handles smtp traffic from an external source no longer recognizes

the users mail boxes on the Notes server.

Any idea as to why this is happening and how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Hi

I haven't seen anything like this in the past but here is some background info that may help:

Retrospect client listens over UDP and TCP on port 497. The primary client detection method is multicast from the server. Once the client is installed your system should be listening for multicast on those ports. Have you rearranged port numbers at all? Is your proxy server doing so?

Nate

Nate, I appreciate your response. I have not reassigned any ports or protocols. This is

strange because once I removed the client from the mail server, the external mail began passing through the proxy server. The proxy server was not recognizing any of the notes

email addresses.

I would like to be able to use the client to back up the Notes server but it looks like for now I will have to install the client, backup the server and then uninstall the client.

If you come up with any new ideas related to this subject, I more than welcome your thoughts.

Again I appreciate your efforts.

David

Archived