Backup to CDRW Prompting to select disk

bobbydall

Hello Everyone. I have setup Restrospect 6.5.319. Backing up fine to my removable USB hard drive. But having trouble backing up to my cdrw.

When I select the script and run it, I get a screen that prompts me to select the media, I select the CDRW drive or disk then I click proceed and I can perform the backup fine. I want to schedule this job for 3 am every night. How do I get around selecting the media? I just want Retrospect to erase the CDRW and backup without any prompts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Mark

In a similar vein, how can I get Retrospect to automatically accept a disc inserted during the media prompt?

My usual scenario involves wandering by the computer, noticing the ejected disc and prompt, inserting the prompted disc, wait, wait, wait for the disc to register, then clicking on the 'proceed' button. It would be nice to insert the disc and not have to click on the button.

Cheers.

I tried that and it seemed to work fine. The backup job ran and didn't give me any errors, and I didn't get any prompts. However, when I try to look at the CD-RW in a windows explorer it shows up as empty. There seems to be no data on it. Is that normal?

Cheers

Mark

Hi

Yes that is normal. The data on the CDs is put into a format that is only readable by Retrospect. If you want to see what is there you can browse the backup set contents. If you want to verify that the disks are OK you can use the tools->verify option.

Nate

Archived