retrospect 5.0.205 problem restoring from firewire HD

hi, i've just backup the content on my HD to a firewire disk the backup was 45Mg and the Firewire HD 103Mg???... somehow it filled the drive??? anyway i needed to restore the catalogue but keep getting an error of "catalog portion of retrospect data is damaged" when i tried to fix it it gave me an error of permission i managed to unlock the retrospect data file and after trying to fix it it said that i needed space in the disk to fix it so i decided to move one of them the "retrospect data 058" each has 1.99 Gig well after all that work now gives me an error that one file is missing so i'm trying to put the 058 file back in the HD and says no space? anyone can help me out please...

Hi

You have used your external hard drive with a "removeable disk"backup set. The proper way to backup to a hard drive is listed in the article below:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=27501

You are going to have trouble retrieving this data. Retrospect takes full control of the drive and does not allow other aplications to write to it. That is why you can't move the file back. I would restore as much data as you can at this point before you try anything else.

Nate

<<You are going to have trouble retrieving this data. Retrospect takes full control of the drive and does not allow other aplications to write to it. That is why you can't move the file back. I would restore as much data as you can at this point before you try anything else.>>

I did a backup and verify it at the time with no problems and then accidentaly deleted the catalogue for the backup and when i've tried to rebuilt that is when i started having errors... i cannot understand why this problem....

i really need to acess this backup as i have loads of work there.. if i run the verify everything is fine but i cannot rebuilt the catalogue..

if i unlock the file that Retrospect says it damaged it only rebuilts two files please someone help me

rui

Archived