Change Execution Units in script

TooTall

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the number of execution units when a particular script starts??

THe reason I want to do this is I currently backup everything to a NAS device before dumping to tape, so I would like to use 2 or 3 execution units to run the scripts for dumping to the NAS, but I need the last of those scripts to modify the execution units to 1 so that the dump to tape script doesn't start until all the dump to nas jobs are done.

Is this possible with External Scripting maybe??

Does anyone have a sample script that would do this??

Thanks

TooTall

Hi

You shouln't need to do this with execution units.

When your duplicate scripts are running the source and destination folders are locked out of any other Retrospect operations. As long as you schedule the backup to start after the duplicate begins, the backup script should wait until the folders are no longer in use. Hope that made sense...

Nate

Hi

OK so that complicates things a bit. The backup folder on the NAS will not be locked because you are just backing it up as regular files- not as a backup set.

This is going to be tricky. How about doing this a little backwards:

START your backups for the night by doing the NAS-Tape dump (this will get the previous night`s changes) then have the other scripts kick off after that. You will have a 24 hour delay in getting the data to tape but the backups you do get will be guaranteed complete.

Nate

Archived