Restrict size

Mikee

Is there a way to restrict the size of file Backup Set?

I would like to create two Backup Set files and assign them to my backup script. The problem is that Retrospect will not switch from one to the other unless the first one is full at which pint in time the second is out of space also (as they reside on the same partition).

thanks,

Mikee

Hi Mikee

You can tell Retrospect exactly how much space to use for each member of a "disk" backup set. Other backup set types don't give that kind of functionality. Can you clarify what you are trying to do here? "Swithcing between sets when one gets full" has me a bit confused.

Thanks

Nate

Hi Matthew.

My understanding is that when one backup set member is full Retrospect will automatically use the other. The problem is when both file backup sets are on the same partition. If one is "full" the other is "full" as well. I want to restirct each to a certain size so Rerospect would switch to the other one when reaching maximum size on the first one.

Hope that's more clear.

thanks,

Mikee

It is not possible to limit the size of a File Backup Set. This is only possible with the Disk Backup Set. Each member can be restricted to a certain size, and you can pre-configure multiple members. When one member fills Retrospect will know to look for the next member you've configured.

Archived