Error -510 uknown service command

Upgraded install of Retrospect 6.0 Multiserver to 6.5 on Windows XP. Moved config60.dat, clients, backup sets and tape library show up fine.

Attempting to update a Mac OSX (10.2) client from 5.0.536 with 5.1.106 and get the Error -510 uknown service command. There is no explanation in Knowledgebase for this error. I have full access to the Mac and it's not asleep.

Ideas?

Hi,

It sounds like something on the client side. If possible I would do an uninstall/reboot/clean install with the new OSX client. Can you still access the existing client or does that give an error too? The old client version should still work with Retro 6.5...

Nate

Arigato Nate,

It seems to be more than one client, so I am suspecting something more generic. I can still access the client after the failed attempt to push the update. It would be nice to have some info on the -510 error code from Dantz.

The push method may be of some use, but requires a restart of the client computer. However, following a push update, I've tried just opening the new Retrospect client on an XP machine, following which it seems to be recognized without a restart.

Dou itashimashite

Xp does not require a restart but all other OSes will.

I would try rebooting all of the problem machines-including the main backup machine and trying again. You can also try uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling the NIC on the main backup machine- that has worked for me in the past.

Error 510 is really obscure which is probably why Dantz doens't have much info for you. Personally, I have never once heard of it.

Nate

Archived