Duplicate fails verify due to file created date

jedavis

I'm duplicating a volume, which fails to verify for some files.

The files that fail to verify have different file creation and modify dates opn my local machine. On the remote file server the duplicated files have both the created and modified date set to the local modified date. Thus the verify fails.

I'm on Win2K running Retro. Prof. 6.0x

The remote file system is across a samba link to some file server.

Obviously my first choice is to fix this properly. The second choice would be to get retrospect to ignore this problem during file matching.

-james

Hi James,

Different creation date/modify time errors are not too serious - the data size is still the same which is most important. The problem most likely stems from the fact that the SAMBA server is emulating a fat32 filesystem. Fat32 keeps time much differently than NTFS and SAMBA seems to add a second or two to creation dates in some cases. Iimagine that without using the Retrospect Linux client that these time differences will continue.

Nate

• 8 months later...

Hi

Retrospect just reports the differences as the come up. The only way around it would be to use the linux client to copy files rather than Samba. You could type ctrl + alt +P +P in Retrospect and turn down some level of logging but you would run the risk of removing error messages that actually mean something.

You could also turn off the compare but the same thing applies.

Nate

Archived