Simple Way To Skip/"Exclude" certain folders/directories both Locally and client

I've reviewed the posts on this formum as well as looked on the FAQ on Dantz. I am confused on the process of configuring 6.0 server to skip certain files and directories both on the local and networked servers. Can AMYJ or any other Dantz tech please explain a simple Way To Skip/"Exclude" certain folders/directories both Locally and client?!

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated!!

mango.gif

Hi There

If you only want to exclude a few files/folders, creating a custom selector is your best bet. Selectors are basically a filter that can include or exclude files you specify. For a basic example you can take a look at the reviewers guide for Retrospect:

Link to Retrospect Reviewiers guide (This guide is for 6.5 but the process is the same in 6.0)

The Users guide also has an extensive section on selectors starting at page 186.

I suggest building your selector one rule at a time and then using the blue "check selector" button as you go. Selectors interpret your rules very literally so it is easy to exclude more than you expected.

Nate

Archived