Can't restore single files

I'm having difficulty restoring individual files. I need to restore files on a daily basis and I find that I'm having to restore upto 1.5G's just to get small individual files from a previous backup set. Whenever I go through the restore process the individual files disappear and I'm left with the only option remaning - restore the whole backup set.

It's very stange and I would appricate some help.

I'm running Retrospect Server 6.1

Dual Pentium III

2 x 36GB Hard Drives

Mostly backing up from G4 OS 9.2.2 Mac's

What kind of restore are you doing? Please provide a step by step example of the restore to better help us understand where it is failing.

There is no version 6.1 Retrospect. What is the exact version of the application and the client?

Version 6.0 Server (fresh install)

Mac Client taken from the Server CD

Worked correctly for about a day.

Restore --> Selected Files --> Select backup set --> files chosen box --> select files.

when I try to select the files (check boxes) from the list they disappear, leaving only the folders.

That is strange...

It could be a problem with the particular snapshot you are tryin to restore from. Have you tried restoring using the find files restore option? Do you have the same problem when trying to restore files from other backup sets/ other dates?

This was an issue found with Retrospect 6.0 when doing a Find Files restore to a Macintosh client. The issue was resolved in Retrospect 6.5.

The workaround in Retrospect 6.0 is to select a local volume as the restore destination then switch to the client destination and run the restore without selecting 'Files Chosen'. You can also use the "Selected Files" rather then the "Find" option.

Archived