Retrospect 4.3 and 5.0 Client

evansed

I talked to Dantz sales and they told me that the 5.0 Client pack would work with Workroup 4.3. I bought the 10 license pack, but it would not accept the code. Talked to support and was informed I have to upgrade to 5.0 Express to use the new license. Also, informed that I have to upgrade to get any new licenses, completely the oppisite of what sales informed me. Which is it?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in this quandry too. I have Retrospect 4.3 for the Mac and just bought a 5 client pack. I can't enter the license code!!! I am not ready to upgrade at this time.

Hopefully they will have a good answer.

• 9 months later...

I'm in the same kind of trouble as evansed was, but for one fact: Support isn't free any longer. I bought 1 Win, 1 Mac client code on the Web, not knowing that they would not work with the company-owned home computer. The Mac Desktop 4.3 acting as server will "never" be replaced. If I buy a current Mac Desktop on my own, two clients are included, so my $68 seem to be really really lost. The kind staff at eurosupport@dantz.com agrees to that (free of charge!), which I find a bit frustrating.

Could anyone Dantz-related in the U.S. care to comment on this?

Archived