Client 6.5 Installed on MultiServer 6.5, any known issues?

Using dedicated W2K Server SP3, running Multi-Server 6.5 for 3 weeks into an uneventful test, I installed Retrsospect Windows Client 6.5. On the reboot, I lost NIC communications, and SCSI Device. There was an error message: " Event Id 7001 Remote storage engine service depends on storage file service which failed to start because of hte following error, after starting the service hung in start pending state. "

I uninstalled Client 6.5, no improvement. If 15 boots, the system comes up normally half the time, the instability leans towards hardware failure.

I'm asking Dantz to give me any knowledge related installing the client on server, before I attempt this again. The purpose is to backup selected catalogs and configuration files on the server. Thank for you comments.

It does not sound to me like this issue is related to the Retrospect Client install. We do not modify any networking or device settings on the computer. Once you uninstall, all traces of our settings and options are gone (expect maybe for some legacy registry keys).

Archived