Retrospect 6.0 and Windows Server 2003

I currently run Retrospect 6.0. I have a user who just put a Windows Server 2003 on the network and has asked that this server be backed up on a daily basis.

I installed the 6.0 client. On the backup server, I opened the Backup Client dialog, and could see the server name there when I click on Add. However, when I try to add the backup client, I get an error stating that the backup client was not found. I have verified that the service is running on the W2K3 server. It has even notified the user that the machine has not been backed up.

Does the 6.0 client work properly on Windows Server 2003? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Brian Rudnicke

Well!? - I used ver 6.0 on a Windows 2003 Standard Server for about a month with few errors (mostly -1101). After upgrading Retrospect to ver 6.5 (Value pack) I see error -511, -515, -519, -1101 or -3102 every day. Thanks for Proactive backup - it took 4 nights to back up a client with ca 30 Gbyte to a hard disk.

When I installed ver 6.0 (Windows 2000 server) I had a lot of -519, so we changed drivers, cables, switch and all NICs in order to get rid of the error. Now I can try again.

Henrik Bech

Archived