Constant Assert errors - Support?

Where do I send my Assert.utx file to get it looked at? This happened SOMETIMES w/ 6.0, but after upgrading to 6.5 it worked for about a week and now it dies soon after writing to tape w/ an assert error. The last week all it's done it assert errors when it tries to go to tape.

Is there a difference in the way it writes the tape headers in 6.5? Cause these were formated w/ 6.0.

The exact error differs. In the assert log it says a Access violation but the dialog that comes up doesn't give a specific error. This happens most of the time.

The other errors I was getting are elem.cpp-867. Elem.cpp show's up in the KB but not -867.

At the moment I'm leaning toward some SCSI funkyness, but this was working just fine untill last week. I upgraded the device driver and that didn't help either.

Right now it won't recognize any of my tapes because my tape drive is having problems with it's barcode reader. It will see the tape in the drive but all the tape in the magazine's are (Unknown).

mad.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I already read

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=26642

so, unless there is some specific part of that article that pertains to me that I missed, PLEASE don't bother pointing me to it.

I also searched the KB database.

Um.... doesn't help at all.

The exact error I get from my assert log is

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Fault address: 60031B53 0001:00030B53 bdrock20.dll

It's exactly the same everytime, unless it's an elem.cpp-867.

I've tried resetting catalogs. I've even created a new tape set, w/ new tapes (sorta - they were formatted w/ retro 4.3), manually wiped and then created a new set w/ them.

It will sometimes get partially through a backup. Sometimes before it even starts.

Sometimes it will backup one machine competely and fail in the middle of the next one.

The KB article doens't help because it'a usually in the middle of copying files. Not during the scan, not after it's done. Not during catalog operations.

Is this possibly hardware incompatibilities? OS problems?

Archived