Error 506. Duplicate Activator Code

I've got a 100-user license for my Retrospect 5.0 for Mac. I've only used 21 of the licenses, yet I have two machines that seem to be conflicting with each other (stating error 506, duplicate activator codes) I've installed the latest clients on each machine, and that hasn't fixed anything yet. How can I specify or change license codes on the client level?

Please excuse my ignorant question. I'm new to the Retrospect land, as I came from a Veritas/Arcserve background.

Thank you very much for the response.

I've tried forgetting both clients that are conflicting. However, rather than deleting the client from the client database, it just ends up graying-out the name of the computers.

How do I uninstall the client? Also, how do I correct the "ghosting" problem?

Sorry for the newbie questions, and thank you very much for helping!

If the client does not appear in the client database, then it has already been removed.

Windows clients can be uninstalled via add and remove programs

Mac Clients can be uninstalled using the uninstall option inside the installer.

Install again using the client installer.

Quote:

I've tried forgetting both clients that are conflicting. However, rather than deleting the client from the client database, it just ends up graying-out the name of the computers.

Can you provide a step-by step example of how you saw grayed out client names?

Here's how I do it:

- Configure->Clients to bring up the Backup Clients Database window

- Select a client from this list

- Choose "Forget..." from the Clients menu, or press the Delete key

- Confirm your choice

- Client is gone. If it's the last client in the window, the window contents will change to "Not logged into any backup clients"

You should then be able to click on the "Network..." button and re-login your Client machines.

Dave

Archived