Retrospect Single Server not letting me log in Windows clients

I can not log my Windows clients into the database. Everytime I try it crashes the app on me.

I am running a Windows 2000 professional server with retrospect 6.0 single server on it. My PC clients are running version 6.0 of the client software. I have tried the potential different ways of logging them in (subnet, direct, and multicast - going from memory here) but with no luck. Any help?

Sorry, the application crashes on me when I try to log in the user. The machine continues to run just fine.

For example I try using the "direct connect" option, enter in their IP address into the field and then the app crashes. The first time I try this I get a message that an entry had been made in the "Assert Log". It's a pretty lengthy message. I will include in a future post if it's necessary. After that if I try the app just crashes without warning.

As a test, install the Retrospect application on another computer and see if you can successfully log in clients to help isolate the problem.

Check the assert log for the exact error information, which is listed near the beginning of the log. It might look something like this:

Error info: Assertion failure at "devcon.cpp-500"

While in Retrospect, hold Ctrl-Alt and type R C - look for the assert_log.

Archived