Unexpected -1028 Error

After several months of service on our single-client home network, Retrospect began reporting a -1028 Error (client not visible on network) whenever I try to back up my wife's upstairs iMac from my downstairs dual 867 MHz tower. We have version 10.2.5 of the Mac operating system installed on both machines and we have an airport network operating here in the house serving several family iBooks and towers. No firewalls are on; her iMac is connected to the airport base station via ethernet (no airport card in her machine), and we are able to trade files back and forth between all of our home Macs as easily as ever. I do not understand why the client (her iMac) is no longer visible from my downstairs Mac, although I am beginning to think it has something to do with updating to 10.2.5.

I'm no networking pro so maybe Retrospect is well beyond my limited capabilities. Still, it was working fine before and something has caused it to stop. Before I give up on Retrospect and find another backup method, I though I'd try this forum in the hope that someone might be able to help us out.

amp@chartermi.net

Archived