After error -206, How to identify unverifiable files and members?

g2danny

1. After getting -206 errors, how can I identify which files and which member (CDRs) are unverifiable so that I can backup only the unverifiable files (or member CDRs)?

My question is not how to avoid the -206 errors, but how to complete a backup after encountering a -206 error.

I have searched this topic on this forum, and I could not find this answer.

2. The Operations Log lists each -206 error instance, with a number within parentheses. I feel that perhaps, this number within parentheses refers to the unveriable file, but I am not sure how to use this number to identify the files in the Catalog of a Backup Set.

For example, in the log I find several entries that read:

Trouble reading: "Backup Set X" (168), error -206

What does the number within the parentheses refer to?

Further information:

When the verification of a 42 member CDR (29 GB) Backup Set finished, a log told me which specific 11 files were unverifiable. I took this information and performed a new Backup, selecting only the 11 unveriable files. For some reason, Retrospect only backed up 2 of the 11 previously unverifable files. According to previous posts on this subject, I performed a full Backup of the entire Backup set; I hoped the unverifiable files would be backed up again, but instead, no new files were backed up. I did this twice, with the same result.

Thank you very much,

Danny

g2danny@earthlink.net

Thank you for responding. The links you recommended deal with how to prevent -206 errors from occuring in the future. I am trying to figure out how to finish a (29 GB) Backup Set that had only 11 unverifiable files totalling 10 MB. I am sure there is a simple solution; if you can, would you reread my original post. Thank you very much!

Danny

g2danny@earthlink.net

Archived