Ca't use the program. Code won't work.

rajendra82

I recently purchased Retrospect backup Express. I cannot use it yet, because the program refuses to accept the activator code included in the box. The version I have installed is 5.5 for Windows. I updated it to 5.6 to try to make it work, but no luck. The card included in the box has a code starting with J that does not work.

The same code is also included on the inside cover of the manual (interestingly this sticker also says Retrospect Express 4,3 Mac INT):

When I enter the correct code the program rejects it saying it’s for an older product.

If you are Dantz support reading this I need an updated code emailed to me at rajgond@attbi.com or call me during daytime hours at (404) 705-9500. You may alternately fax a code to me at (404) 705-9400. I need this matter resolved as this opened software can’t be returned. I will not be paying more money for support. The software code included in the box is supposed to work.

If a code is not sent to me. I will be going to a warez site to get a code that works. If this happens you can forget me ever buying any software made by you. I will however continue to run a latest version of your software for all foreseeable future, if you catch my drift.

Sincerely:

Rajendra S. Gondhalekar

Calling Customer Service to receive a new code does not cost anything. The toll-free number is 877.222.5870.

Also, be sure that you are entering the license code, not the registation number. The registration number is a single letter followed by 10 numbers; the licence code is a 16 digit alpha-numeric code (4 sets of 4, separated by dashes).

If for some reason you have gotten an incorrect code in your package, we'll be happy to get you a correct code.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived