Error Code List needed.

Diablo

Hi all, I am in need of a list of error codes. I thought I sawa list either on this forum or on maxtor.com. I am having all sorts of problems with error code 5 and 1017. I am trying to ferret this problem out w/o having to bother the forum members. But I MAY have to approach some of you for you expert help. I am using WIN XP PRO, 684 mb ram, 2.0 ghz processor,. Trying to backup up my old 30 gb hard rive. Backuping up to a Maxtor 111gb one touch. If anyone needs exact error lanquage, I can cut and pate it from the log. New to this software but am willing to try and fix it myself. XP see the EXt Maxtor, I can read and write to it. Retro does see it in the device config. Trying to compile a list of eq. for future needs if someone needs more end info.

Thanks for the link. Now is there somewhere that tells me how to fix the error messages I am getting? I see 1017 which is a permissions error. But I don not see error code 5. I guess I should look into 1017 first. Ay ideas on a resolution for this error code. Again thanks so much for the link on the codes.

Archived