Client not responding

docfxit

Hi,

I have a script that backs up the PC the script is running from and it has two clients that it's supposed to back up. It backs up the PC the script is running

from but when it gets to the clients it stops for hours saying it's scanning. There isn't anything logged in the log. If I go to volumes I can remove and re-add

the two clients with no problem. What could be hanging it up?

Thank you,

Gary

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. On the top right it said "No Connection". I clicked on refresh. It said connected. I tried the backup and

it ran. What causes it to come up with no connection? The server was turned on first then the other clients. All three are the same version

of XP Pro with sp1.

Thank you,

Gary

Or at least I thought it did. When I looked at the client properties I refreshed both the clients. They both said connected. I ran the backup.

The original PC was backed up. The first client was backed up and the second client has been sitting on the screen that says Scanning with

zero kb completed for a long time. What can I do to make this more reliable?

Thank you,

Gary

Hi Mayoff,

Thank you very much for trying to help. I found the problem. ZoneAlarm was stopping the communication on the clients and coming up with a

message asking if it was ok for the clients to communicate. I don't quite understand this because Retrospect was able to count the number

of files for the backup but stopped in the scan faze when ZoneAlarm needed the question answered. I am working remotely and can see the main

PC but not the client PC's. The backup is doing fine now.

Thank you,

Gary

Archived