automated execution no longer working???

I'm using Retrospect desktop 5.0 on Mac OS X 10.2.3

For some reason, it stopped running the daily scripts (when I moved to a different hard drive). I have tried re-installing, but without success.

what can I do to get this functionality to work again?

thanks

stephane

RE: Make sure you're running the latest version of Retrospect, 5.0.238

I AM using the latest version of Retrospect for 5.0.238 and none of my prior automated functions work either.

I at least am able to launch the application again after considerable reworking due to checksum errors on the upgraded version.

My problem however is that I no longer have access to the scripts I had built and it won't auto launch as per the prior preferences.

Where are those items (automated scripts) located?

If I just knew the exact name of the items I'm seeking and their correct location I could at least drag them into the correct positions from a backup tape.

Please help. I don't wish to spend an hour or two rebuilding perfectly good scripts that I had barely one upgrade ago.

Quote:

I at least am able to launch the application again after considerable reworking due to checksum errors on the upgraded version.

This type of error during launch is usually an indication of corrupt Retrospect preferences. The preference file that might be corrupted is the same file that contains all of your scripts. It is found at:

Library:Preferences:Retrospect:Retro.Config (5.0)

More info on assert and checksum errors can be found at:

Tech Note 307 Macintosh Internal Consistency Check and Configuration Errors

Quote:

This type of error during launch is usually an indication of corrupt Retrospect preferences. The preference file that might be corrupted is the same file that contains all of your scripts. It is found at:

Library:Preferences:Retrospect:Retro.Config (5.0)

More info on assert and checksum errors can be found at:

Thank you -- that worked. Scripts are back in place.

Archived