don't run past dates

I'd like to NOT run old scheduled scripts, for days already past.

Currently, if I leave my backup computer off for two days, then turn it on, start Retrospect, it runs the scripts 3 times, because I have scripts scheduled for every day, it runs yesterday's, then today scripts. I don't want this, I want it to ONLY run today's script and forget any script scheduled for yesterday, NOT run yesterday's scripts. Does anyone know how to do this?

Unnecessary details: I keep having trouble with the backup, different things happened, sometimes it will crash, other times, it looses the network halfway thru the backup, I had a few hardware failures on the tape backup. My solution was to set up a 2nd backup computer, get a 120 Meg hard drive and back up 20 computers to one hard drive. I want to use both on my schedule; backup to tape once a week on one computer, and backup to hard drive on a DIFFERENT backup computer on all other days. Retrospect 4.3 is running on a Mac 6214, OS 9, clients are both Mac and Windows. I have 20 scripts set up, a separate script to backup each computer, because of a limitation in file size in 4.3

>>>"Currently, if I leave my backup computer off for two days, then turn it on, start Retrospect, it runs the scripts 3 times, because I have scripts scheduled for every day, it runs yesterday's, then today scripts. I don't want this"<<<

You could go to Automate/Preview and delete those 3 days worth of schedules.

or

You could stop the backup as soon as it starts and say skip all pending executions.

Archived