Does Not Work with Que! CDWR 8x4x32x

Although Dantz indicates this is a supported drive, I haven't been able to backup to a Que! CDWR 8x4x32x FireWire drive. I get an "Internal consistency check failed: Assertion check at "cdr.c-6249" every time.

Anyone else get this error and is there a solution?

Can you tell me the mechanism that's in your drive please? This information is available in the Device Status window. To get there, click Configure, then click Devices. Click the Device Status button and copy the entire line that shows the CD drive.

• 5 weeks later...

I get the same error with the Que 8x4x32 FW drive. I have the Samsung 208B mechanism. The Device Status window calls it a CD-R/RW SW-208B, version BQ01.

This drive has always been flaky with Disk Burner and Toast under OS 9 and OS X so I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is with the drive.

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

New Retrospect Driver Updates for current Mac and Windows versions of Retrospect are now available for download from the Dantz website.

Mac RDU 2.7 is recommended for all Retrospect 5.0 users. In addition to new drivers for a handful of previously supported devices, RDU 2.7 adds support for the following drives:

Benchmark VS640

Exabyte VXA AutoPak 1x10

EZQuest Boa CDR/w 24X10X40 FireWire Ext

HP SureStore Tape Autoloader 1/8 Series

VST SmartDisk FWCDRW-V8

It also includes improved handling of the following drives:

Exabyte/Ecrix VXA tape drives

Que! Firewire 8x4x32x CD drive (prevents the assert at cdr.c-6249)

The RDU may be downloaded from:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=rdu

Thanks,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Hi Irena...

how long till the 2.8 update? I remember someone from Dantz tech support saying just after 5.0 was released thet the intention was to release RDUs more often than before, which doesn't seem to have happened so far.

There are still plenty of 24x CDRW drives that Retrospect does not support...

Archived