Restore a folder

As background:

Using Retrospect Backup 4.3

OS 8.6

Tried to find this in manual and knowledge base but no luck and assume this is very simple but this old rookie is having probs......

My question is:

Want to do a complete restore (but not replace) of a folder and all of its contents as of a specific date.

How do I restore (to a new location not replacing the current version) a folder completely and exactly with all empty sub folders etc to how it was at the last backup or a specific date (even though files, subfolders may not have been changed and backed up at that time)?

I want to compare to current folder to see if there were any changes made during a crash. Not sure if there is an easy "compare" method.

Thanks for any education on this.

The best way to restore an entire folder, including empty folders:

- Create an empty folder on your hard drive

- Choose the Restore > Restore an entire disk option

- Select your backup set and the snapshot for the correct date (to find older snapshots, use the Add button)

- In the destination selection window, highlight your hard drive and select Subvolume. Highlight the empty folder and choose 'Define' and then 'Okay'

- Change the drop down box (in the Destination Selection window) from Retrieve Files and Folders to Replace Corresponding Files

- Click on Files Chosen to select the folder you'd like to restore and close browser window

- Confirm that your destination is your new, empty folder

- Restore data

• 1 year later...

I'm now using both Retrospect 4.3 on a OS 8.6 Mac and Retrospect 5.0.238 on a OS X Mac.

Is the procedure recommended by Amy still the best way to completely restore (but not replace) a folder and all contents to a new location (note: including any empty folders)?

Thanks.

Archived