Files copied reports 0 in past backups even though the data was backed up

ClassicII

Hey Guys,

Files copied reports 0 in past backups even though the data was backed up. I can check this by hitting the browse button. I can see all the files just fine.

These are network shares being backed up on another server

The user folder under a different job that we backup is reporting just fine.

I'm making some assumptions that you've only done *one* backup to this media set? (the "full backup"?)

What if you quit/restart the engine and the restart the console? Do you get any different information?

And does the Media Set window indicate the Media Set has files in it?

I'm making some assumptions that you've only done *one* backup to this media set? (the "full backup"?)

What if you quit/restart the engine and the restart the console? Do you get any different information?

And does the Media Set window indicate the Media Set has files in it?

Yes I only ran 1 "full" backup.

I quit retrospect and then the engine. Then turned the engine back on and then the program. No change.

If i click on one of the backups that was complete and then click "browse" the media set window opens. I will see the one folder that i backed up. It has the green circle and it also tells me how many mb or gb's it is. I can then click the arrow to be able to see what is in the backup folder. It will then show me every folder and file and the size. Except these folders and files have a white circle not green.

I'm confused by your explanation. You say "1 full backup", and then you say you "click on one of the backups that was complete".

I'm not trying to be difficult -- but I don't understand what you are doing.

Maybe start with a new media set and document your steps?

I just made a new disk media set, made a "favorite folder" from one of my hard disk folders on my desktop and backed it up.

And everything worked as expected (files copied - 177, bytes copied 76.8M), etc... are listed in the Past Backups for this new media set.

Maybe post some screen shots?

I'm confused by your explanation. You say "1 full backup", and then you say you "click on one of the backups that was complete".

I'm not trying to be difficult -- but I don't understand what you are doing.

Maybe start with a new media set and document your steps?

I just made a new disk media set, made a "favorite folder" from one of my hard disk folders on my desktop and backed it up.

And everything worked as expected (files copied - 177, bytes copied 76.8M), etc... are listed in the Past Backups for this new media set.

Maybe post some screen shots?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

When I say one backup, I mean that the backup destination drive was empty and I ran a full backup. Now the backup drive has backup data on it and it should be up to date.

Let me post up some screenshots.

backupj.png

screenshot20110124at236.png

Let me post up some screenshots.

Quite frustrating without context. Any reason you couldn't include some navigation elements to make it easy for viewers to recognize where these are? (in other words, don't make it difficult for people to help you!) I mean really, not even the column headers in the list?

If i click on one of the backups that was complete and then click "browse" the media set window opens

No. The "Browse" chicklet in the Past Backups window will reveal a drop-down sheet showing the Source volume (or Favorite Folder) used. This may or may not represent everything being protected in the Media Set.

the backup destination drive was empty and I ran a full backup. Now the backup drive has backup data on it and it should be up to date.

What is the first screenshot of? It's not Past Backups (which doesn't have a "Path" column. It's not "Activities" (which doesn't have a "Browse" button), and without any context of the screen I'm lost. (All Sources I user are Favorite Folders; perhaps root volume sources show as paths in the "Name" column of the Past Backups screen?)

Regardless, if you backup all the files in a Source to a Media Set, then run another backup of the same Source to the same Media Set, the green checkmark icon in the Past Backups window will be shown _only_ on changed (and thus re-copied) and/or new items. It's expected behavior.

But take special note of the Path column in that first screenshot. Is "Backups-1" the actual name of the shared volume? Is "Users-2" how the share point is configured on the server or the NAS?

Dave