error 557

I see this error every day when trying to backup our Exchange Server. Here is the log entry:

- 10/28/2010 11:06:34 AM: Copying First Storage Group on Mercury2

Backup type: Differential

Trouble reading files, error -557 ( transaction already complete)

10/28/2010 11:07:46 AM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 1 files, zero KB

Completed: 1 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:01:12 (00:00:10 idle/loading/preparing)

I only get this error when doing incremental backups. A full backup seems to work okay. This error prevents us from being able to restore a message and/or mailbox, making the backup worthless. We are using the latest release of Retrospect, Retrospect Client, and the Exchange Server add-on. Please don't refer me to a KB article, as I've read everything I could find even remotely related to the problem. I've also read everything I can find in the forums about -557 errors, which is quite a lot. I've sent various files to tech support that they requested with no follow-up response. I've run diagnostics on the Exchange Server with results that indicate no corruption problems (not surprising as the files are stored on a RAID and are being backed up to a RAID). It seems this error has been around for quite a while. I need this fixed ASAP. Any ideas?

Edited by Guest

Trouble reading files, error -557 ( transaction already complete)

10/27/2010 9:27:14 PM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 51 files, 1,603 KB

Completed: 12 files, 78 KB

Performance: 0.7 MB/minute

Duration: 00:01:43 (00:01:36 idle/loading/preparing)

I highly doubt the mailbox is corrupt, seeing that the mailbox that this issue occurs is mine.