MAPI Session Failed

Exchange 2007 Agent Client backing up to server version 7.7.325, 64 bit today starts reporting T-9: Create MAPI session failed: Exchange MAPI/CDO may not be properly installed. Scanning incomplete, error -3420 (unknown).

I am also getting quite regular other messages about client being "reserved" unable to access etc.

Why, if the exchange server doesn't update and doesn't reboot (I have a schedule to reboot server every two weeks) do these errors start showing up until I reboot the exchange server?

Edited by Guest

The biggest thing I would like to know, is WHY would I need to re-install MAPI? The system is running fine for about two weeks with no re-boots or errors and then "boom", Retrospect Errors.

BTW: I had restarted the Retrospect client on the Exchange server and then the errors cleared.

It seems that I have to reboot the Exchange server or restart Retrospect services to clear errors more frequently than I do for any MS Updates or patches.

• 2 years later...