Retrospect HD 2.5 hangs when launched in Win 7

Zasada

Dear support staff,

Just installed a Storcenter 4TB iX2 for one of my customers and installed Retrospect Express HD 2.5 latest version. The application hangs on update status. Workstation is Win 7 Pro - 32 bit

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Jozef.

Edited by Guest

Robin,

Thanks for your reply. The reason why I posted was that on the Iomega support site it was mentioned that backup and restore would work ( Link )

This is the statement :

EMC Retrospect Express HD 2.5 — Data backup and restore only. Full system restore does NOT work in Windows 7.[/i][/u]

In any case, I will wait for the updated version.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Kind regards,

Jozef.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ETA on Win 7 support for Express HD?

I just bought a StorCenter iX2 and it came with this Express HD 2.5. I too am experiencing hangs and nothing is getting backed up, (Win7 32bit home). Now I'm told it doesn't work with Windows 7 which has been shipping for many many months now and is all you can buy a new PC with???

I'm about to return this entire NAS device if the software that's supposed to work with it doesn't support what it should.

Please talk me down from the cliff if an update is about to appear any day now. And please don't tell me I have to pay for 7.7 just to get it to work with the current version of Windows.

Thanks!