Media Issue When Going to Tape

ngsprep

New Xserve OS 10.6.2

Retrospect 8.1.626

Ran the initial backup and had the same issue. This was the next attempt at a backup. I had a corrupt Config80.dat/bak issue that I was dealing with in between backups. This was the first attempt at a scheduled backup.

When running to an AIT-3 tape running on Sony drive Retrospect stopped part way through and requested media. I knew the ways no way it used up the 100/260gb tape. I aborted and had to try it again the next day. It ran fine and this time it did not need the extra media(tape). This was for the exact same data.

Now there was a scheduled backup running. Part way through Retrospect requested media. Added another AIT-3 tape. Starts running again. Soon after Retrospect request more media (attached screen shot 1). Screen shot 2 shows the log information. I had to abort the backup. I went into the media sets and it shows I have tons of room left on both tapes (screen shot 3).

Any Ideas???

RJ

sorry have trouble attaching screen shots.

Here is the log information

Archiving using NGS Offsite Archive 2010 at 1/8/2010 9:09 AM (Execution unit 1)

To Media Set NGS Offsite Archive...

- 1/8/2010 9:09:40 AM: Copying ~Bendon Archive

1/8/2010 9:09:40 AM: No files need to be copied

1/8/2010 9:09:46 AM: Snapshot stored, 133 KB

1/8/2010 9:09:48 AM: Comparing ~Bendon Archive

1/8/2010 9:10:02 AM: Execution completed successfully

Duration: 00:00:22 (00:00:16 idle/loading/preparing)

- 1/8/2010 9:10:02 AM: Copying ~Dalmation Archive

Edited by Guest

The first screen shot is all I have that shows Retrospect is in need of media. At the time I was not directed to another window or a "media request window". Where do I find the "media request window"?

The back-up appeared to be idle. That screen shot shows the only indication I needed to add media. I have to add media in order to continue the backup.

RJ