Vista Client is Busy?

Using Retrospect 8.1.148, 3 iMac, 1 XP Pro, 1 Vista Business.

The XP Pro works fine, but every time I add the Vista client and then refresh the client list, it tells me the Vista client is busy. What does that mean?

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, but, does the client need to be logged in in order for Retrospect to have access?

• 5 months later...
What do I do if I have a client that says Busy that I can't browse? I have a user that hasn't been backed up in a month and Retrospect seems to skip her. She is marked as busy. She's on a Mac running client 6.3.027.

Mike,

Client is busy

(1) what version of Retrospect engine (x.x.x) and Retrospect console (x.x.x) are you running?

(2) What version of Mac OS (10.x.x) on the problem client?

(3) What version of Mac OS (10.x.x) on the machine running Retrospect engine?

(4) Are you aware that there is a later version of the Mac Retrospect client (6.3.028)? Download is here:

Retrosspect 8.x Macintosh updates

Russ

I;m not sure how to tell which version of the engine I'm running.

You have to log on to the server and do a "Get Info" on the package for the engine.

Many have requested that the console show the version of each engine that it knows about.

Have you restarted the problem client as suggested in the KB article I linked to?

Client is busy

Russ

It's 8.1.626.1. That feature would be handy -- that's where I looked initially.

Yea, that feature was requested many times when the program was in beta testing, and has been requested many times since the program was, um, "released". Not quite sure what to call the current "released" state of the program, with all of its bugs.

Once again,

Have you restarted the problem client as suggested in the KB article I linked to?

Client Busy

Russ