Bugfix for local sources

Robin noted this was bug # 22185, which is not on the current change list:

http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=9719&p=2

It's generally difficult for anyone other then the engineering team to know where specific bugs are on the stack to be addressed, but perhaps Robin can check the notes and see if there is any additional information he can provide readers here.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I am testing Retrospect 8 for some weeks now, it is great and I would like to buy it.

BUT there is still this BIG bug, which let not me do a local backup of my machine! Even in the last Bugfix release (8.1.150) this is not solved.

Is there any workqround I can use? I tried excluding the directory /Volumes/System/Network, but this did not work.

Please fix this bug ASAP or at least tell me a workaround!

prahn

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Based on your statement "It should be later this summer" I bought Retrospect. Now it's already November and I am still waiting on this bug to be fixed.

Could you please set this bug on a higher priority? I am still using the old Retrospect version for my boot disk, and the new version for the other disk. I would be glad to skip this setup sometime on the near future.

:-(

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Based on your post in July I bought the License for Retrospect 8 for not really less money. Now, about half a year later, this bug is still not fixed and I still use the old Retrospect for the local disk.

Could you please check with your developers to get this bug finally fixed!

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
I did not receive any response to my last post from end of 2009. Sad.

Please don't think that this web Forum is an official channel to and/or from EMC technical support. This is a community of users helping one another, with moderation and occasional contribution by a few EMC employees.

Cheer up.

Dave