Retrospect crashing when logging into Exchange volume

Windows Server 2008 Standard 64-bit

Exchange Server 2007 Standard SP1 (brand new install)

Retrospect is installed on a Windows XP SP3 box. Retrospect Client is on the Windows 2008 server.

When I go to Volumes and click on "Exchange Server", it asks me for a username and password. I tell it to use the current RBU information (I have set up the RBU account according to the KB article) and click OK. Several seconds later I get this error message:

Retrospect has encountered a serious error:

Assertion failure at "elem.cpp-986"

Then it wants to send a log to EMC. I have submitted the log already, but I can paste it here as well if necessary.

I have tried rebooting both machines. The Exchange MAPI and CDO package is installed on the Windows 2008 server, and so is the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable.

Can anyone help? We can't really start using Exchange until we have working backups.

Edited to add: Retrospect Multi Server 7.6.123

Driver Update and Hot Fix 7.6.2.101

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately I cannot at this time since I do not have current support. I am getting a quote to get a maintenance contract, but in the mean time I need to get my Exchange backups running. All I am trying to do is move a license to a new Exchange 2007 server.

You can purchase per-incident support. No maintenance contract is required. See:

EMC Retrospect support FAQ

Whether it's worth it depends on how much your data is worth. I have found EMC support to be excellent, much better than provided by other vendors, and well worth the nominal cost. Definitely not Bob from Bangalor.

Russ