Application Stalls...

Bdav

Having a problem with Retrospect Express 7.6.123

I have been using Retrospect for about 4 years. Recently, when I start a backup, the backup does not proceed -- simply stalls. I do get an error message:

VssWBuildSnapshotSet: StartSnapshotSet failed, winerr -2147212522, error -3042

Also, I cannot close the program using exit. When I try to exit, the function labels become inoperable, and I have to use control-alt-delete to actually close the program.

Any ideas on how to fix??? Thanks...

• 1 month later...

How disappointing in the lack of help on my issue. It is clear to me that I will have to find another backup program to use. Could anyone suggest alternative back up software for me? Would appreciate suggestions on software that actually works -- and is easy to use.

Thanks.

Have you tried calling for technical support?

from the forum rules:

While this forum is monitored by members of the EMC Technical Support team, it is not possible to reply to all questions and threads. This forum is not an official method for contacting technical support. EMC employees are under no obligation to reply to individual forum posts. If you need immediate technical support, you can contact technical support directly at http://www.emcinsignia.com/contactsupport

You may have a corrupt config75.dat file. You can try to delete the file and try running Retrospect again.

• 1 month later...

Did you solve your problem yet Bday?

I have EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUES. Deleting the config75.dat file did NOT help.

I also tried turning off the System Restore feature in Windows XP (see http://kb.dantz.com/al/12/1/5727.html ).

I managed to get one backup done after that. Then the same issues returned again.

I just purchased an Iomega Ego because the Retrospective software was highly rated and the reported service for my second choice, Seagate, was so bad.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this software working. I think that I will return the Iomega Ego to the vendor.