Duplicate not working

briant

Using Retrospect 7.6 I find that duplicating C to an external USB is not working, It starts off but never finishes, in fact no files at all are copied, and I have to force a reboot.

Anyone any ideas, am using ZoneAlarms and thought that might be the reason, but no alerts are provided, and I have given Retrospect the neccessary permissions.

Advice and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Robin.

Have tried both. 250 Gb took 25 hours duplicating to root without verification.

Have since tried unsuccessfully duplicating to a sub volume (as I don't want the whole disk to be taken up for the duplication).

Ideally I would like to be able to select folders manually on that are to be duplicated, and then have this scheduled.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Robin.

Have tried both. 250 Gb took 25 hours duplicating to root without verification.

Have since tried unsuccessfully duplicating to a sub volume (as I don't want the whole disk to be taken up for the duplication).

Ideally I would like to be able to select folders manually on that are to be duplicated, and then have this scheduled.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Robin

Could I get an answer please.

In answer to your question. I tried duplicating to the root and it took 25 hours fro 250 Gb. And the disadvatage is is takes up the whole hard disk.

A better option would be to duplicate C to a subvolume, and then I would like to be able to select folders to be duplicated.

How can I do this?